So what criteria do you need to fit?
- Anyone who is over 18 and under 50 may be eligible.
- You will need to have sufficient income and if not a guarantor will be required.
- The guarantor must be a direct family member who already owns a house.
- They must live in the UK and have permanent right to reside here.
- All lender will take the term to the guarantors 70th birthday. In some circumstances it may be possible to use lenders that elongate this term to age 80.
- You will be required to place at least a 10% deposit down if you wish a capital repayment mortgage. Interest only options are currently available but only to cover your period during studies and a larger deposit of at least 25% is required.
Let’s Compare Prices
On nearly every occasion we saved our clients’ money by helping them buy their own property compared to renting while a student and have helped hundreds of students and graduates from Glasgow’s universities find their first property.
Doing a PhD and on a stipend…no problem talk to us about your mortgage options
93 Byres Rd, Glasgow, G11 5HW
Our Phone Number
0141 337 3393